Thursday, July 12, 2012

Living Room + School Stuff Packed

Oh wait... I forgot I haven't shared why I am going down this crazy road again.

I generally believe that if we have new lessons to learn or if we have worked to attract something to ourselves then things come back to us until we learn the lesson and get it right.

Let me back up.  Thirteen years ago this place was born.  Oh how I pined over it. My ex husband was however not going to even discuss it. He did not like the idea of sharing meals with other people. Sigh. So we moved to Idaho, got divorced, I found my center and my wonderful awesome Erik. Now something you should know about Erik: he is adventurous and likes sharing meals with other people :) When we prepared to move from Idaho to Utah last year, I looked to see if Wasatch Commons had space but they didn't.

We began to settle our spot here with the intent of staying for a while.  We are renting, but it is a half acre and there was a lot of room to roam so we were super excited. Right away we noticed odd things about the 1950's house, but we loved the space and were super thankful for the move so we just tried to look past...the washer & drier in the kitchen...the outdated electrical that kept us from running wash & the dishwasher together... little things. Then one day Erik and I started doing some house dreaming. We loved the land but wished for a different house. So I again emailed my friend at Wasatch Commons and BOOM. We move August 1st.

Remember what I said about attraction? As frustrating as it is to pack it all back up 11 months after settling and as challenging as it makes my summer to work on business as hard as I do and move... I DON'T CARE!!! We are moving to co-housing!!!!  We are all so excited we can hardly stand it. Community gardens. Weekly potlucks. People who are excited for us to be their neighbors. Llamas. Chickens. Sunbun can run and play out his last years (shhh.... don't tell him he is an old man, he still catches bats!)

So again. Living room + school stuff packed. Bunk bed taken apart. Check and check. I figured that if we pack hard two days a week and I work the other 3 mornings and we play our fannies off in the afternoons... well August 1st will be here before we know it!

3 comments:

  1. That is WONDERFUL!!! Good luck and happy packing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's really exciting! Best of luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I didn't realize. You really have a lot going on! What an amazing way to have community, especially as a homeschooling family!

    ReplyDelete