Monday, May 19, 2014

Keeping track

I feel prompted to keep up with my progress somewhere, this place is a good start. I need a place that isn't work related, that's just us. Raw.

On April 28, 2014, our lives changed.  I had what doctors are still calling an emergency,  I think you could pile stroke and mild heart attack on it. I arrived with blood pressure of 260/170.  I spent 9 days undergoing all kinds of tests. We know I have some brain damage and heart damage. We don't know how long it will take to heal. It may never totally heal. I can't drive.  I shouldn't be alone with the little ones. Handwork and reading aloud seem to be harder, my left leg seems to have a mind of it's own when it comes to walking - at least I didn't bring home a walker.

Our lives will be different now. New dreams need to be forged. I am lucky to be here. I love my husband.  I adore children.

No comments:

Post a Comment